(Please note that due to the current Covid situation, tours will not be running)
Please follow the links below to view our admissions policy and see more information about admission arrangements.
This timetable is in line with the School Admission Appeals Code
Here is our timetable for organising and hearing appeals:
- We have a deadline for the lodging of appeals which allows appellants 20 school days from the date of notification that their application was unsuccessful to prepare and lodge their written appeal;
- We give appellants 10 school days’ notice of their appeal hearing;
- This notice includes reasonable deadlines for appellants to submit additional evidence, for admission authorities to submit their evidence, and for the clerk to send appeal papers to the panel and parties;
- We ensure that decision letters are sent within 5 school days of the hearing wherever possible.
Our appeals timetable is published on our website by 28 February each year.
The Academy ensures that appeals lodged by the appropriate deadlines are heard within the following timescales:
- for applications made in the normal admissions round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals;
- for late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 school days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged;
Any appeals submitted after the appropriate deadline must still be heard, in accordance with our usual timescales.
Notifying appellants of the right to appeal and the appeal hearing
When we inform a parent of a decision to refuse their child a place at a school for which they have applied, we include the reason why admission was refused; information about the right to appeal; the deadline for lodging an appeal and the contact details for making an appeal. We inform parents that, if they wish to appeal, they have to set out their grounds for appeal in writing. We are not allowed to limit the grounds on which an appeal can be made.
No later than 10 school days before the hearing, the Academy provides appellants with written notification of the date of and arrangements for the hearing. The notification includes a deadline for the submission of any further evidence that was not sent with the initial appeal. The Academy informs appellants that any information or evidence not submitted by the deadline might not be considered at the appeal
The Academy asks appellants whether they intend to call any witnesses or be represented at the hearing. Parents may waive their right to 10 school days’ notice of the hearing. The Academy complies with reasonable requests from parents for information which they need to help them prepare their case for appeal.