Since 2013, the Government has provided additional funding for physical education (PE) and sport; this extra funding is allocated directly to primary head teachers. Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and range of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and Sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
How Will We Be Spending The PE And Sport Premium Funding?
At King Charles we are committed to achieving best practice in all that we do and therefore our plans for allocation of sports premium pay due regard to the Ofsted good practice guide (“The PE and sport premium for primary schools – good practice to maximise effective use of funding” Ofsted)
Our rationale for the use of PE and Sport Premium funding, is that it must be used to ensure:
- all pupils have an increased allocation of PE provided by a specialist provider
- all pupils benefit regardless of sporting ability
- the most able pupils are given the opportunity to compete in tournaments with other schools
- staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development
- we make use of collaborative and partnership working
- pupils will have swimming lessons delivered by trained teachers
How Will We Monitor The Impact Of The PE And Sport Premium Funding?
The use of funding will be monitored throughout the year to ensure maximum impact and enable our pupils to receive high quality PE and Games. Impact will be measured against the proposed outcomes, and increased percentage of pupils receiving ‘quality provision’. This is achieved through analysis of relevant attendance/participation data as well as qualitative data available from staff and pupil feedback. You can find an on-going review of this on the linked document below.
We aim to meet the Ofsted definition of Outstanding leadership in this area “Governors systematically challenge senior leaders so that the effective deployment of the primary PE and sport premium secures excellent outcomes for pupils.”